Thursday, January 29, 2009

To the special people in my life, called friends...

Sounds cliched, but it's indeed true - we met as strangers, and have indeed come a long way to the familiartity we share now...
As our life goes on, our relationships change - we part with some old friends, and make some new ones... The true ones remain with us even when life takes us along different paths...
I have been lucky to have a few such special people in my life - sometimes, relationships don't work out, sometimes they end when our acquaintances end- but there are a few really special people in my life - friends I made in school days, and more recent friends too...
They have been with me through many things - growing up together makes people closer, sharing similar experiences helps in relating to each other...
There's a song that goes "thaayodu sila thayakkangal irukkum, thozhamaiyil adhu kidayaadhu"... lines that show the real strength of friendship - you know you can trust your innermost thoughts and fears in your friends, knowing they will understand... Even if they tease you at times, you that behind it all, they will be there for you at all times...
I have had great good fortune in finding some gems in life ... M, N, N, G.... I thank you for all that you have been to me... Hope you'll stay with me for a long long time to come...
And M., I thought that you had changed after marriage, I'm glad you still remain the good friend to me as you always were (there were times that I behaved like a nut, times I didn't understand you or even try...but all that is behind us now... and I'm glad you understood...) Guess I can come to you for advice, neem leaves and wake-up calls ;) (that's an excuse - I'm coming for the food & chocolates u r gonna give me, and the intros;) ,& ya, to meet 1 very cute kid!!!)


P.S. :I started off writing something, but ended up writing something else... No wonder my blog is called random thoughts!!!! apt,na??? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweeto... this one left me teary-eyed... I miss those wonderful and... CARE-FREE times (can you believe it took me a whole minute to fish out that word.. it doesn't seem to exist in my diction anymore :(

    I am so thankful for the day I met you in that oven-like tuition... :) I know we are always gonna stay in touch!!

    ReplyDelete